Key Control Locksmith (5631)
The Key Control Locksmith is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and records of the Master Keyed Lock System for all the physical facilities of SIUE.
The major duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- - Maintain master key patterns, codes, and combinations for the entire campus.
- - Consult with department heads, University policy, and project engineers/architects
on new and existing building security to coordinate with master key system.
- - Supervise student clerical personnel involved in issuing keys and updating the hard
copy and computerized file system.
- - Prepare periodic reports as necessary.
- - Devise master keyed systems for new and existing buildings and renovated areas (i.e. cut keys, combination locks, extend schematics) subsequent to installation of door and/or equipment hardware by appropriate craft employees.
- - Review all key requests to ensure the propriety of issuance.
- - In cooperation with Facilities Management Administration, make
recommendations for changes/updates to the University Key and Lock Policy and maintain the policy.
- - Maintain and update exterior door keyless card access units and inventory database, including electronic recombination, database updates.
- - Repair and maintain locks and related hardware.
The Locksmith may be assigned additional duties and responsibilities in support of the departmentís mission and goals.
Four years of experience in the repair/maintenance of locks, door checks, related hardware, and the making and duplication of keys, including apprenticeship and/or vocational training.
-Skill in repair and maintenance of locks and related hardware at a journeyman level.
-Skill in use of shop and hand tools commonly used in lock repair at a journeyman level.
-Experience with the BEST Key and Lock System, BEST software, and BEST Key Inventory database used by the University.
-Experience with report writing and presentations.
-Valid driverís license.
For Civil Service positions, Illinois residency is required within 180 calendar days of the start date for the designated position.
This position is a current civil service vacancy at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. This position will close to applications at 4:30 pm CST on the posting end date.
Applicants must submit a Civil Service application (required), a detailed resume, and unofficial transcripts through HireTouch. Your resume should reflect all relevant skills and experience related to the minimum qualifications listed for this position. If qualifying by education, you must submit your transcript at the time of application. Applicants qualifying for Veteranís preference must submit a copy of form DD214 at the time of application. Any other licenses or certifications related to the position should also be submitted at the time of application.
To apply for a vacancy, click the ďApplyĒ button. This will prompt you to access your existing HireTouch account or create a new account.
Instructions for creating a new account are available at: HireTouch Set-Up. Only create a new account if you have NEVER created an account. In your HireTouch account, you will upload all necessary documentation as requested above.
After logging in or completing your new profile, you can then complete your application process for individual positions.
For Civil Service positions, Illinois residency is required within 180 calendar days of the start date for the designated position.Applicants will be subject to a background check and/or drug screening prior to an offer of employment.
NOTE: Some positions may be represented by a union and may require union dues.For more information please visit the Office of Human Resources website at www.siue.edu/humanresources or call Civil Service Testing at 618-650-2190.
July 25, 2017